It’s hard to believe Christmas is already over, but it is. When I look back to where things were a year ago to where they are now, it all kind of makes me chuckle. Back then, Hide and Seek Her wasn’t even out yet. Nobody even knew Charlotte and Vance. Finders Keep Her was a pile of thoughts. But above all of that, I was writing because I loved to write, and that hasn’t changed. So I wanted to state a few things and go into what you can expect in 2016 from me. Bear with me if you can, this may be long.
1. Thank you for Finders. So, in short…many thanks. I am BLOWN AWAY by the support I’ve received after Finders released earlier this month. I am so glad it was something most of you who have read it enjoyed. I am grateful for every hug, comment, or compliment I have received on it. You all mean much more to me than you know.
2. International Shipping. For those of you who receive ARCs, you all should have received your Kindle edition ARCs prior to the release of book two. Your print copies however, had a problem reaching you. I had some problems with customs forms and my local PO. They will be sent out, priority shipping, early this week. apologize greatly for this screw up. Also – anyone who has ordered signed books from the website, please note, I am working on this as fast as I can. I still work full time and it’s just me when it comes down to shipping orders. I’m hoping in 2016, I have a better system to get these books to you quickly.
3. Giveaways and contests. Some people complain when authors do giveaways or host contests for books. Sour pusses. I have many up my sleeve for this winter and spring. These will include Goodreads, Instagram, and Facebook giveaways, as well as giveaways here on the blog. If you don’t like the fact that I host giveaways, then you probably won’t like me.
4. Book three – is coming. I love the reception with book two, and I love that you’re all excited, but I need some time. Great things take time, and book three is the end of it all, well, at least the end of my series. It’s going to be bittersweet and I cannot and will not rush the ending. Just know it’s coming, sometime in 2016. I would like to say summer, but it could be before then, and it could be after. Who knows. I’ll tell you this; it’s coming along. Charlotte is pretty much absent from the whole book and it’s written from other character’s perspectives. I need a little break from the world of Vance and Charlotte. They’ve been great characters and I know you’re just getting to know them, but I’ve been with them for several years now, and we need a little break from each other. Book three still doesn’t have a title yet either, so there’s that. I can’t release a book without a title.
5. Every Pane of Glass is coming before book three. I’ve talked about this before, but I have a standalone novel unrelated to the Hide and Seek Her saga that will be out this Spring. I’m looking for people who will want to read this story before it’s available. For more information -check out the ARC page. EPoG is not like Hide and Seek Her. It is a contemporary romance type novel with a bunch of twists and turns thrown in. It’s not something I would normally write, but I’m giving it a go.
6. There are other projects coming your way, too. Be on the look out for an intense read after this series has been laid to rest. It’s called Five Crimes. I love it.
7. Website changes. I know it’s confusing when things change on my website, and that’s why I try to warn you. You’ve been warned. 🙂
8. More blog posts. This is more of a resolution to myself. I want to post more blogs in 2016. These posts will include excerpts from upcoming works, info on giveaways, and book recommendations. I’m reading more again. Stephen King said if you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. I’ve always been an avid reader, but I’m stepping up my game this year. You’re welcome.
I don’t really have anything else to say right now, but I am sure after I post this I’ll think of some other stuff to say.
Thank you again, for making 2015 a very memorable year for me. It’s been one of the greatest years I have experienced on this Earth. T=You all have made my heart beat harder and louder than ever before. Thank you times a million.